Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 8 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose our
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Rub sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, covering the whole potato. Place potatoes on the baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. While sweet potatoes are baking, combine streusel ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are done, create a slit in the top of each one and gently mash the inside of the potatoes with a fork, being careful not to puncture the skin. Drop a small slice of butter into each potato and use a fork to spread around until melted.
5. Evenly divide the streusel among the potatoes and then top with ~1/2 cup mini marshmallows (depending on the size of your potatoes).
6. Bake for an additional 20 minutes until marshmallows are perfectly golden brown. If at 20 minutes the marshmallows aren’t perfectly charred, turn on the broiler for a few minutes, keeping a close eye on them to avoid burning. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of learninghowtocook.com.