Mom deserves a great breakfast.
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 3 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold Butter, cubed
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon milk)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add butter and mix on low until the mixture appears sandy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk. Add to the flour mixture and mix on medium-low speed for 1-2 minutes, until a cohesive dough forms.
- Form into a smooth ball and lightly cover with plastic wrap, let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll into a circle about 1-inch thick and cut out 4 scones with a round cookie cutter. Re-roll the scraps to get 2 more scones. Place on a lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with egg wash. Bake 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.