These yummy citrus garlic shrimp skewers are a quick and easy way to please your guests.Print
We love the bright notes of lemon, green onions (aka scallions) and garlic that make frozen shrimp from the supermarket seem like a meal on a bright spring or summer day, no matter the time of year. Bake or grill them, they taste fantastic – especially with a side of garlic herb crema. Perfect lazy meal to share with friends and family.
For the Shrimp & Marinade
- 2 lbs. Thawed Jumbo Shrimp (16-20/lb)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced & zested
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Scallions, green & white parts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile Flakes
- 10-inch Skewers (be sure to soak wooden skewers in water for a few minutes before using)
For the Garlic Herb Crema
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3–4 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Herbs (Parsley, Chives,etc.)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, for garnish
1. Prepare the marinade: mix together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, scallions, salt and chile flakes in a Ziploc bag or reusable bag. Add the shrimp, seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Make the Garlic Herb Crema: stir together the sour cream, milk, lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Cook the shrimp skewers: preheat oven to 350°F. Add 4-5 shrimp to each skewer and brush each with leftover marinade. Place skewers on a baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
*If cooking on the grill, preheat to medium-high heat. Add the skewers to the grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
4. To serve, place skewers on a platter and drizzle with garlic herb crema and sprinkle with fresh parsley.