French food just gives off an air of sophistication, even when it’s something as simple to put together as this savory crêpe, filled with eggs, bacon, cheese and scallions. We love that this recipe is easily customizable – mix up the cheese with parmesan or gruyere (or whatever you have on hand!), or add sausage instead of bacon.Print
Savory French Crêpes with eggs, bacon green onions are a lovely treat that are easier to make than you think.
For the Crêpe Batter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the Fillings
- 4–5 Eggs (one for each crepe)
- 1 lb Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Grated Cheese, such as Cheddar, Gruyere or Parmesan
- 3 Green Onions, green parts only, sliced thin
- Chile Flakes, for garnish
- Make the crêpe batter: In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth, about 10-20 seconds.
- Preheat a small frying pan or crêpe pan over medium heat. Grease with butter and add 1 ounce of crêpe batter to the pan, immediately swirling around to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds on one side and then flip and continue to cook another 10-20 seconds. Lay them flat to cool.
- Fill the crêpes: preheat oven to 350F. In a small frying pan over medium heat, fry eggs, individually, sunny side up. Place on a plate until ready to use.
- Lay crêpes flat on a baking sheet and fill with one egg, 2-4 tablespoons of cheese (your choice), crumbled bacon and a sprinkle of green onions. Fold the two sides in to create a cone shape at the base. Bake for 3-5 minutes, just until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with a few extra green onions, chile flakes or freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.