As we all settle in on the couch for the big game day, we’ve got one question for ya: Are your snacks touchdown worthy?! Because hey, if you’re going to be watching the game at home, you might as well do it surrounded by delicious food.
This recipe is one of our favorites. It’s foolproof and sure to be delicious. We’ve got a pretty impressive amount of toppings in this recipe, but if you’re looking for more options, try some of these: guacamole, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, grilled corn, pinto beans, black peans, pickled jalapeño slices, pickled red onions, cubed steak, shredded chicken, or crumbled tofu.Print
Everyone loves nachos! This recipe is perfect for solo snacking or sharing with the whole fam.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 c water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of refried beans
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, wedged
- bell pepper, diced
- avocado, diced
- 1 can of sliced olives
- 2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you can always add more!)
- 1 c shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add water and taco seasoning. Cook 5 minutes more. Add refried beans skillet and stir until combined.
- Grab your cast iron skillet and add half the tortilla chips, half the beef & bean mixture, half the cheese, half the jalapeno & bell pepper. Repeat one more layer.
- Turn your oven onto “Low-Broil” and set your skillet nachos on your oven’s top rack. Bake until cheese is nice and melted! About 5-10 minutes.
- Top with avocado, shredded lettuce, and olives. Dollop sour cream. Drizzle with hot sauce and fresh lime! Best served fresh out the oven.