Submitted by Phyllis Lauer
Makes about 5 dozen.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- A little less than 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whip 2 egg whites until frothy. Add 1/8 tsp cream of tartar and a little less than 1/8 tsp salt. Beat until stiff and dry.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly until very stiff.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoon full on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes and 300º.
- Remove from the paper after cooling slightly.