We all have those pesty sugar cravings late into the night or on the weekends, so why deprive yourself of a little harmless treat? The problem with most sweets, is that they aren’t harmless and leave us feelings tighter in our jeans than we would like. Opting for a healthier dessert can fix both problems! Introducing these beautiful healthier blueberry cheesecake bars. Filled with just the right amount of tart and sweet, these beauties will leave you not only satisfied but also happy that you stayed on track with your health goals.Print
A healthier treat that’s both tart and sweet with a golden graham cracker crust
For the crust:
- 9 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
For the bars:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1.Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Next, place graham crackers and butter into a food processor and process everything together until the mixture turns into a crumble (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Pour the graham cracker crumble into the 8×8-inch pan and press it into the bottom of the pan until it is evenly spread out.
4. Bake the crust for 7 minutes at 350ºF and then remove from the oven.
5. Wash and dry the food processor and then place the cream cheese, greek yogurt, and honey into the food processor. Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and then add the egg white, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
7. Finally, add blueberries to the food processor and blend until the blueberries are pureed and the mixture turns blue (about 1-2 minutes).
8. Pour the blueberry cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust. Spread the mixture evenly over the crust.
9. Place the bars in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let the cheesecake bars cool for at least 30 minutes.
Recipe from learning how to cook
Keywords: Lemon bars , Cheesecake bars , Sweet tooth,