Nothing beats warm, fresh bread! Impress your friends and family with these delicious, soft homemade dinner rolls.Print
Nothing is better than fresh baked bread with butter.
1 1/4 cups Warm Water (110-115° F / 43-46° C)
1 packet (1/4 oz) Rapid-Rise Yeast
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Salt
3 1/2 – 4 cups Bread Flour
Melted butter for brushing, optional
- In a small bowl, gently mix warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes until the mixture begins to bloom (foam).
- In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Mix on low until a loose ball forms, adding more flour by the tablespoon if the mixture is too wet. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 7-10 minutes, until dough is smooth, elastic and passes the window pane test (dough can stretch without tearing).
- Place the dough in a lightly-oiled bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap (or a shower cap!). Leave in a warm place in your home (maybe near a stove or sunny window) to rise until doubled in size – about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Punch down the dough to deflate. Then divide dough into 9 equal portions and roll into smooth rounds; place side by side in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise a second time – about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake rolls for about 15-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter while warm, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.learninghowtocook.com/post/dinner-rolls