Deviled eggs + cheese + basil + tomatoes + balsamic = DELICIOUS! Add a little kick to the classic recipe to add some variety to your Easter dinner menu. These eggs are only slightly more work than the regular recipe but the additions bring so much flavor! I would recommend making extra, as you’ll probably sneak a few before company comes over.Print
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs (I recommend using a BeepEgg or electric pressure cooker to hard boil eggs.)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, reserve some for garnish
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, for garnish
- Cut eggs in half and scoop yolks into a bowl. Add mayo, butter, mustard, chopped basil (excluding a little to use for garnish), and mozzarella cheese. Mix until smooth with a fork or hand mixer. Taste and season with salt/pepper as needed.
- Scoop egg mixture back into egg halves. You can also put the mixture into a piping bag to make a pretty swirl, but I feel you lose too much egg mixture this way.
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into small strips. Place one strip on each egg. Top with a few pieces of reserved basil. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar just before serving.