Submitted by Jeanne Anderson
This recipe has been passed down in Jeanne’s family for at least five generations!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (do not substitute)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, chopped very fine ( I used a food processor and measure before chopping- do not substitute with walnuts)
- 2 cups cake flour unsifted (do not substitute)
- 2 cups or more powdered sugar sifted into cereal-sized bowls
- In a mixer, combine butter, sugar, and vanilla and cream together.
- Add finely chopped pecan and mix.
- Add cake flour and mix well.
- Chill slightly for easier handling
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300º for 35-40 minutes. Do not brown.
- Immediately roll in powdered sugar twice while still hot. Cool & enjoy.