Looking for an easy, yet thoughtful, holiday gift to give the neighbors this year? Look no further than these deliciously spiced oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. You can bake them or deliver the mix in a decorated Christmas jar! These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are light and fluffy with just the right amount of spice. Your neighbors will not only thank you, but beg you for the recipe! It’s a sweet treat that is guaranteed to warm your loved ones and friends from the inside out.Print
The most delicious gift to ever come out of a jar!
1 Jar Cookie Mix:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose our
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
To gift, layer the first section of ingredients in a large jar. Seal the lid, tie with a beautiful bow, and print the below instructions.
To make the cookies, follow the below:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy – about 1 minute. Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Dump in the cookie mix and mix on low until combined. Dough should be thick and sticky at this point. Cover the bowl and chill for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie and place 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the side and soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.