A fun hors d’oeuvre to have at your next holiday get-together! This dish brings a festive twist to the traditional cheese ball with dried cranberries, fresh chives, toasted pecans, garlic – all loaded into perfectly portioned single-served cheese balls! This recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes – making it a great hors d’oeuvre to throw together right before dinner! (Just make sure you give them an hour to chill before serving.)Print
A festive pecan and cranberry appetizer, stuffed with garlic and chives, shaped into single-serving cheese balls.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped and divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 small pretzel sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread chopped pecans on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, white cheese, chives, garlic powder, half of the pecans, and 1/2 cup of cranberries.
- Use a spoon to divide the cream cheese mixture into 12 portions. Run your hands in cold water and then form each portion into a small ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining pecans, 2 tablespoons chives, and 1/2 cup cranberries. Once the cheese balls have finished chilling, remove from refrigerator and roll the balls in the pecan-cranberry-chive mixture. Stick a pretzel stick in center of each ball. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.