A fresh jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar – what’s not to love? You can impress your family and loved ones even more with these bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers; after all, everything is better when it’s wrapped in bacon (unless you’re a vegetarian, then leave the bacon off and enjoy this creamy, spicy treat)!Print
Everything is better wrapped in bacon, especially cream cheese jalapeño poppers!
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon (do not use thick cut) – optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray generously. If using an air fryer, skip this step.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Clear out the seeds with a spoon and de-rib with a knife.
- In a small mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Fill each pepper half with cream cheese mixture.
- Cut the bacon slices in half horizontally. If using bacon, wrap each individual pepper half in a slice of bacon. Puncture pepper with toothpick to keep bacon in place.
- Place peppers on lined baking sheet and bake the peppers in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or in the air fryer in batches at 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes! Serve warm. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.