Steak and blue cheese is a classic combination that we’ve adjusted for a new presentation – served on a thin slice of baguette with crispy onions, scallions, and thinly sliced sweet peppers. Not only does this appetizer come together surprisingly quick, the stick-to-your-ribs combo of steak and cheese means that no guest leaves your party hungry.Print
Looking for another addition to your appetizer table? This Steak Crostini includes thinly sliced steak, blue cheese, crispy onions, scallions and peppers.
- 1 lb. Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup French’s Fried Onions, crumbled
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Small Sweet Peppers, thinly sliced
- Cook the steak: generously season steak with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan and preheat over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the steak and cook 8-10 minutes, flipping half way through, until desired doneness is reached. Remove from pan, let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice thin against the grain.
- Assemble the crostini: Preheat oven to 450F. Lay baguette slices out on a sheet pan in a single layer. Divide half of the blue cheese amongst baguette slices. Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until cheese just begins to melt; remove from oven. Layer with thin slices of steak, fried onions and another topping of blue cheese.
- Bake another 5-6 minutes until blue cheese is melted. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions and sweet peppers. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.