Who doesn’t love tacos? You’ll definitely love these deliciously fresh shrimp tacos. With spicy shrimp, creamy cilantro sauce, and homemade mango salsa, you’ll find that these tacos will make the menu every week!Print
Fresh shrimp sautéed in a perfect blend of spices topped with cilantro lime sauce and zesty mango salsa.
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe firm mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- the juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
For the shrimp:
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
For the cilantro-lime sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the mango salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge.
- Cook the shrimp: heat the olive oil in a a large skillet over medium high heat. Season both sides of the shrimp with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Prepare the cilantro lime sauce: blend all the ingredients in a food processor until your desired consistency is reached. Add a little water if needed.
- Assemble the tacos: warm the tortillas. Spread a spoonful of cilantro lime sauce on the tortilla, add a handful of shredded red cabbage and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage.Top with the mango salsa, drizzle more sauce over the whole thing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.