Simple hamburger patties with melted American cheese are a nostalgic and comforting meal that is super easy to make and customize. We love topping them with little mini gherkins – but add any of your favorite toppings to make your perfect burger – tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, bacon, a fried egg and more. We also love using Hawaiian Rolls but of course any dinner roll will work.Print
Whether you cook them up indoors or grill outside in the backyard, these little sliders are a delicious and cheesy treat that both kids and adults will love.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 slices American Cheese, halved
- 16 Hawaiian Rolls
- Pickle Slices
- Parchment Paper, cut into squares
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt and black pepper. Divide into 16 pieces (about 2 oz each). Pat out into thin, round patties. Stack with parchment paper squares in between to keep from sticking (you could freeze for future use after this step, if needed).
- Grill the patties over medium-high heat until cooked through. You could also fry in a frying pan over medium-high heat, or cook on a sheetpan in a 350F oven until cooked through. During the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, lay the cheese over the tops of patties to melt.
- Serve on hawaiian rolls with pickle slices and ketchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, etc.
Recipe courtesy of Learning How to Cook.